You are here

Covid booster jabs in England-April 2024

Categories:

Just a reminder that very soon those over 75 and those with possibly compromised immune systems and all with any blood conditions such as CML will be eligible to book for a booster via NHS app and or website at selected pharmacies or walk in centres-take along your medicine box (tki) or evidence of hospital treatment for CML if there is any doubt re your eligibility I suggest.Boots are offering private jabs at £100 a jab for Pfizer vaccine at all of their pharmacies.
As usual Wales and Scotland may be different!
John

Many thanks for the information John.

Surprisingly I haven’t had the usual NHS reminder, is this a thing of the past?

Best wishes,

David

NHS website is taking bookings from Monday 15 April at selected pharmacies I believe.
My GPs has contacted me and will have it done there on this occasion-possibly not all GPs are offering this service
John

Just looked up what Wales is doing on this. It is being rolled out by the Health Boards, as has hapened previously. They will contact people who need these jabs between now and the end of June with appointments, and do not want people to chase them. Initial priority is care home residents.

I got an email invitation to book my spring vaccine this afternoon.

David.

I did eventually get the invitation; think I was being a little impatient! Vaccination yesterday, sore arm today!

David

Just an update -apparently spring booster being offered is Moderna I believe not Pfizer

I have had many invitations from NHS via app etc and GP as well

Took GP offer yesterday -sore arm especially in the night but better than having Covid

There is plenty of availability at selected in pharmacies in England-go via NHS Covid site and book in as immuno suppressed and/or blood cancer sufferer if under 75-I suggest.

John