You are here

Stressed again... Scuba, David or anyone please help...

Categories:

Hi there!
Sometimes I go to work early in the morning so I take sprycel with me to take it 7:30 as always.But many times I forget to have water with me so I sallow it with out water and I eat something immediately(so it goes directly to my stomach). Does anyone know if this cause problem to the absorption or the effectiveness of the drug? As I Know stomach acid makes the absorption of the drug... Am I right?

Hi,

It’s absolutely no problem to swallow the pill without water. I do that nearly every day. 

Yes, you need stomach acid to break down dasatinib fully but drinking water or not with the pill won’t make any difference at all  

David. 

Thank you very much David for your response!!

A full glass of water is always suggested to help get the little pill where it needs to go - but once in the stomach, stomach acids take care of the rest and dissolve the drug for near 100% absorption. Your body produces liters of digestive juices per day whether you are drinking water or not. All of that fluid comes from whatever you ingest or from your body fluids (lymph and blood system). If you don't drink water, your arteries simply shrink up a bit to provide the needed fluid.

(Keep in mind artery shrinking is what can trigger a heart attack in a person who already has near total blockages. This is why hydration first thing in the morning is so important. It helps swell up the arteries for the days activities and providing a bit more room for blood to get around.

https://theberkey.com/blogs/water-filter/drink-water-first-thing-in-the-...)

I understand that Scuba and I drink lots of water during the day... Maybe it is not the first thing I do in the morning(when I take sprycel) but I drink at least 2-2.5 liters per day during winter... My concern is if I take sprycel without water(because I don't have that time) and I lelp it go down with some food affects the absorption or the effectiveness of the drug..

"My concern is if I take sprycel without water(because I don't have that time) and I lelp it go down with some food affects the absorption or the effectiveness of the drug.."

No. Makes no difference. But get in the habit of drinking a couple of glasses of water first thing when you wake up.

Thanks for your quick response Scuba! I will make it a habit!!