You are here

BCR-ABL1 and the workout

Categories:

I've been on Nilotinib 600 mg/day for 6 years. My situation is stable and my physical condition is good. I also do intense physical exercise 5 times a week. Probably some of you are in the same situation.
But here I came across this study:

-https://sci-hub.ee/10.3109/00365513.2010.521981

Now things don't look so good for chronic myeloid leukemia patients who exercise intensively.
I have some questions:  Can anyone elaborate on this study ? Maybe I don't get the nuances .
Is it something we should take into account when practicing sports?
Has anyone else noticed a negative influence of exercise on Bcr Abl values?
Thank you ! 

Hi. I do quite a lot of exercise- gym 3 to 5 times a week. I am lifting some heavy weights - 135 kg dead lift .  I was diagnosed some 6 years ago.  My PCR is.  0.007.   I found exercise extremely helpful mentally and physically- I try to avoid info overload re my condition from the internet etc.  

Philip Collins 

Hi. I haven’t exactly notice a direct connection between exercise frequency and bcr-abl levels, however dasatinib gave me (or at least likely contributed to) rhabdomyolysis after some intense workout which is no joke. I’m very nervous ever since and trying to avoid weight training.

Cheers,

-Thomas

Hi
I do crossfit from the first day of my diagnosis since 5.5 years.I lify heavy weights and I do workouts that my heart beat reaches 190+ beats per minute. I am unditected 4.5 years now!
Intense excersise will help you mentally and pfysicly! Do not stop!