You are here
With immense gratitude to:
- Professor Jane F. Apperley, MBChB, MD, FRCP, FRCPath, Chief of Service for Clinical Haematology and Chair of the Department of Haematology at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London, UK
- Dr. Dragana Milojkovic, MB,BS, FRCPath, PhD, Consultant Haematologist at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London, U K
- Professor Letizia Foroni, MD PhD FRCPath, Consultant Scientist, Head of Imperial Molecular Pathology Laboratory, Imperial Academic Health Sciences Centre, Hammersmith Campus, London, UK
- Professor Timothy P. Hughes, MD, FRACP, FRCPA, Head of Department of Haematology at SA Pathology, Consultant Haematologist Royal Adelaide Hospital, Clinical Professor of Medicine, University of Adelaide, Chair and co-founder International CML Foundation (iCMLf)
- Associate Professor Susan Branford, PhD, FFSc (RCPA) Centre for Cancer Biology, SA Pathology, Affiliate Associate Professor, School of Medicine; School of Molecular and Biomedical Science; School of Pharmacy and Health Science; University of Adelaide
The What is CML? and Testing for CML sections of this website are adapted from our booklet QRT-PCR: A primer for patients which was dedicated to the memory of Professor John M Goldman (1938-2013), DM, FRCP, FRCPath, FMedSci, Emeritus Professor and Senior Research Investigator at the Division of Investigative Science Imperial College, London, UK, co-founder and Chair of the International CML Foundation (iCMLf). John Goldman’s major disease interest was CML. An erudite and profoundly empathetic man, many have benefited from his observant, elegant and ever curious mind. For that gift we remain eternally grateful.