You are here

My blog...

Hi, I've finally got some balls to write about my journey with CML. I've decided to blog about my cancer to hopefully help others through this journey and to raise awareness of blood cancers...hope you enjoy the read x

http://clairemyleukaemia.wixsite.com/cmlblog

Cheers,

Claire x

Hi Claire, welcome to the club - none of us expected or wanted to join, but it's not so bad for most of us!  So many people here have offered help and advice, please keep asking if or when you need the support of those who know about cml from the inside.

Reading your blog and post, I was struck by the doctor's comment, that 'if you have to have cancer, this is the one to have'.  My doctor said exactly the same when I was diagnosed nearly 7 years ago - but in a different hospital (in Edinburgh).  It was one of the most helpful comments I had at the time.  

I hope things continue to improve for you and that you are able to keep up running and whatever else you want to do in the future.

Olivia

Hi Claire

My haem was so positive about CML he started his diagnosis to me over the phone with the word "Congratulations!". I found that very hopeful and, of course, over the past nearly 7 years have come to understand why he said it.

Keep on running....

Best

Chrissie