You are here

Sprycel and brown urine?

Categories:

Does anyone have had a brown urine that gives a burning sensation afterwards?

i am taking 50 mg Sprycel and my platelets are at 55 right now, i don’t think this drug works for me, BCR Abl 8% from 54% 1 year ago... slow decrease..

but the brown urine never happened before, i will call my doctor tomorrow.

anybody else had similar issue?

Thank you 

gian

Never had that happen.

What did your doctor have to say about it?

Kirk

My doctor order a urine analysis, I haven’t got the results yet.

however, i have noticed that in the morning or afternoon im fine, after movement and walking a lot they change color.. not sure, never happened to me.

Hi Gian,

I actually had something similar about 6 months ago. I have been on Sprycel 100mg for the last 16 months or so. I had a urinalysis that came up with nothing. The color went away after a couple days and I have not experienced it again. I concluded that I had been drinking less water and made it a point to drink more after that. Hopefully this story helps alleviate some of your concerns.

Ian

Thank you Ian

i appreciate that you share your story, i just did a ct scan and waiting for results, the doctor found some small particle of blood and also prescribed antibiotics.will keep you guys posted.

As it turns out i have a kidney stone 1 cm at my right side.

I will see a urologist Monday, and drinks a lot of water. In the scheme of things, that was not a bad news. Thank you all.

g

I’m glad it was something that can be effectively managed. Best to you.