You are here

Pleural effusion sympyoms?

Hi friends.Quick question.Have been on Sprycel 50mg for 2 months,all going ok however over last week or so my breathing is becoming difficult and I have bit of a cough and am more feverish than usual.Could this be a pleural effusion or maybe just flu injection sides?I don’t want to bother my Doc so thought to ask here first ,also one professor told me you can’t get pe on 50 mg Sprycel? any advice much appreciated 

well, yes you can get PE on 50 mg of Sprycel. Depends on your sensitivity. You should definitely let your doc know.  That’s exactly what your doc is for (how I see it).   But also, are you saying you had a flu shot?  I was just reading flu shots are not advisable for CML patients, especially live virus.  Maybe others can comment. But in either case, I think you should definitely let doc know of any trouble breathing.   

In my case, on 100 mg Sprycel, I had trouble breathing at first. It seemed to calm down.  At 50 it nearly went away altogether and now on only 20, breathing is no problem. 

Hope you talk with your doc about it. Best of luck. 

Thanks for that!Saw Doc(GP), today he listened to my chest and said it seemed clear...I had 2 flu shots because he looked it up and said it was advisable...think it may be that making me crook...Will ask Haemotologist now...Are you still on 100 mg Sprycel Sarah and if so,how is it going for you?