You are here

Can anyone explain this result please

Hi , just been looking at my medical results  on line and it says my eosinophil results are abnormal at 0.72 x  

If I'm understanding what the google has served up, you have a mildly elevated eosinophil count.  It could be caused by something as simple as taking a laxative.  Here's some information that might shed some light on a reason for your eosinophil count:

"Normal results - In adults, a normal blood sample reading will show fewer than 500 eosinophil cells per microliter of blood. In children, eosinophil levels vary with age.

Abnormal results - If you have over 500 eosinophil cells per microliter of blood, then it indicates you have a disorder known as eosinophilia. Eosinophilia is classified as either mild (500–1,500 eosinophil cells per microliter), moderate (1,500 to 5,000 eosinophil cells per microliter), or severe (greater than 5,000 eosinophil cells per microliter). This can be due to any of the following:

an infection by parasitic worms
    an autoimmune disease
    severe allergic reactions
    eczema
    asthma
    seasonal allergies
    leukemia and certain other cancers
    ulcerative colitis
    scarlet fever
    lupus
    Crohn’s disease
    a significant drug reaction
    an organ transplant rejection

Under normal conditions, eosinophil counts are lowest in the morning and highest in the evening.

Medications that may cause you to have an increased eosinophil count include:

diet pills
    interferon, which is a drug that helps treat infection
    some antibiotics
    laxatives that contain psyllium
    tranquilizers"

https://www.healthline.com/health/eosinophil-count-absolute