You are here

5 months with CML

Categories:

Hello all.

My name is Chris, I was 23 when I was told the news. just a few months before my birthday. I am 24 now and had 240k WBC since then my WBC is floating between 4 to 6k. my latest BCR ABL as of 9/23/2019 

B2A2 Transcript: 1.3723
B3A2 TRANSCRIPT: 1.0621

I started at 100mg (Sprycel) because of the WBC. After 3 months my levels where where they needed to be but my platelets where low and the doctor was worried and the side effects were effecting me a lot, so they dropped it down to 70mg. I am feeling more of myself but still running into a lot of fatigue. My work is not that active so I try to fit it where I can. and I drink a lot of water. What can I do to beat this stupid fatigue, it has been affecting my work ever since I was told I have CML? Also  I am new here! 

Ask your doctor to lower your dose further to 50 mg - perhaps lower to 40 mg and monitor bcr-abl progress. There is excellent liklihood you will continue to trend lower (perhaps even faster than you are now) and with less fatigue and other side effects.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29723397

(I take 20 mg dasatinib and it brought me to "undetected" - with a little help from my friends - vitamin D3, K2, & Curcumin)

Thank you for that and I will deffently talk to my doctor. my question is how much the 50mg seems to be more effective then 70 or 100mg? They keep telling me that I am the youngest patient that they have. which is uneasy for me because body response is a lot faster than some one in their 70s.