You are here

PCR 0% but also questions

Hi,

I want to provide an update. One year after the diagnosis (DX@Nov 2018), we received in December results of PCR (sample was taken at the end of September). Result is 0% (lab has log 4.5 sensitivity). We are really happy. Sometimes we _almost_ forget that my wife has CML, but then once in a while comes some issue, that remind us "not so easy". So we have some questions.

1) Anyone of you that is in TFR know their transcript? My wife has e14a2. According to this article https://cmlsupport.org.uk/article/e13a2-bcr-abl1-transcript-associated-h... it is good prognostic for TFR at some point in the future.

2) Blood counts were monitored regularly and we saw low counts on Neutrophils - around 1,8*10e9/L (WBC aroud 3,5*10e9/L), even 1,6. Whole family had some "stomach flu" few months ago. Not so serious.. half day and it was gone.. of course she was tired for few days. Next day (or day after it) she had her blood test. It showed 1,2*10e9/L. Our Onc said that she need to monitor it and if it will be below 1.0 she need to stop Imatinib for a week, retest etc. Fortunately next test showed rise above 1,5. With next blood counts it was rising and above 2. The last one, from Nov showed 2,161*10e9/L (WBC 4,3*10e9/L). 

Now to get to the point. Last week we had really bad "stomach flu". Really bad, especially for my wife and my 3yr old daughter. We remembered issue with NEUT so she made a test on Friday after feeling little bit better. Test showed NEUT 1,1*10e9/L (wbc 3,5*10e9/L). Pretty low. Retest on Monday, to see if we should react somehow. Unfortunately each test was done by different lab, but.. result were pretty surprising. 3 days later NEUT 3,63 (wbc 6,4). Totally in range. Actually best results since start of the treatment. We will retest next week, but don't you think that it is too fast recover?

Best regards, Chris