You are here

strange temeperature

Categories:

Hi Everyone!

I'm experiencing some strange symptoms, and i was hoping some of you may have an idea what might be going on. I was diagnosed about 2.5 years ago with CML, been taking 100mg dasatinib ever since. My PCR results are alright, though there are some fluctuations between MR4 and undetectable. Recently I keep feeling like how i felt when i got diagnosed with CML... tired, dizzy, and feverish. My face is always kinda red (probably the light sensitivity of dasatinib... i do wear sunscreen every day, yet it probes to be very hard to do anything against it. Maybe Singapore has strong UV - almost always very bright) and it is actually hot to the touch. If i measure my temperature on my forehead it is usually in the 37-38C range, and in my ear it is 37.5-37.6C, which i feel is quite high for a baseline temperature. In the mornings and evenings it normalized back to the 36C ranges, but after I eat something it jumps up, making me feel miserable - feeling heatwaves and feverish. Strangely this is only happening on my head, so taking my temperature from my armpit is perfectly normal always. There is nothing else that is obviously wrong with any of my results... do you have any idea why this might be happening? 

Thanks in advance!

-Thomas 

PS. now with the coronavirus scare in Singapore i'm actually getting into trouble because of this. Most office buildings and public places implemented broad temperature screening for visitors, and i'm routinely getting turned away from entering buildings because of my high baseline temperature.

Hello Thomas,

I found your post really interesting, since I am on 100mg of dasatinib, since been diagnosed last June and from the 1st month I am experiencing strange temperature on my ears as well. I've noticed that about 4-6 hours after taking my dose, I feel my ears really hot. I haven't actually measured the temperature, but many times I found myself opening the window to get a relief from that feeling (I live in UK, so the weather here helps :p).

I am not sure if this is another unknown side effect of the dasatinib, but my hematologist suggest that this shouldn't been caused by the medication.

Thanks,

Lampros

Thomas, I also experienced the hot face syndrome (my term) with Sprycel but it went away after several months. I also experienced the same sensation in my upper arms and thighs. My tolerance to heat continues to be non-existent so I avoid the summer sun as much as possible. I'm now on 20 mg. every other day due to pleural effusion issues and think I may be experiencing some of the joint and muscle pain others have experienced with TFR. It's always something! Good luck.