You are here

Dentist

I was wondering if there were any other dentists in this forum like myself. My office is still closed but I am assuming we will be back open soon. Given my CML I am little worried about going back to work. 

Hi if you are based in the UK you are in the high risk group and I doubt an employer would except you back anyway.

All the best

Alex

Hi, I'm not a dentist but I'm a repair tech i.e; schein, benco, patterson guy, and I've continued to work in mechanical rooms, work on op floors, handle equipment for the past 7 years with no change in my ppe habits ( extremely minimal) through this covid period in a busy metro city here in the states. I periodically wear a mask to bring peace of mind to others. Had cml since 2015. Best luck.

Can you require all of your patients to be COVID tested prior to treatment?  Are you able to wear a PAPR or at least a fit tested N95 while at work? I’m asking because I don’t know the logistics of it for you, but as I’m sure you’re aware dentists are a huge at risk population because of the aerosolization and you’re obviously very close to patients when you’re working with them.

I’m in anesthesia (nurse anesthetist) and I’ve been wearing both a N95 and a PAPR to intubate, and in that situation I’m not in their mouth for long, usually under a minute. 

I was told by my hematologist that I’m not at any increased risk by having CML, but I’m also still quite paranoid for obvious reasons.