You are here

Help CML Support when you shop at Amazon

For some time, you've been able to support CML Support when shopping at Amazon Smile (https://smile.amazon.co.uk), but you couldn't do this on your mobile until now.

AmazonSmile customers can now support Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia Support Group in the Amazon shopping app on iPhones and Android phones! Simply follow these instructions to turn on AmazonSmile and start generating donations.

• Open the Amazon Shopping app on your device
  • Go into the main menu of the Amazon Shopping app and tap into 'Settings'
  • Tap 'AmazonSmile' and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process
  • If you do not have the latest version of the Amazon Shopping app, update your app.

When you buy something on Amazon Smile, Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase value to CML Support.

David.

David,

As an avid user of Amazon I have subscribed to this scheme for some time;my latest total contribution to CML is nearly up to £30.The amount of  support is quite small but if we have lots of joiners it will soon add up.I use a PC most of the time and Amazon Smile pops up every time I go into their site.I am in a part of the country that offers groceries on  Amazon Prime Now and very recently Amazon Fresh without the need for a monthly subscription-during lockdown I have found Amazon to be one of the best retailers for deliveries not just of the usual goods but also groceries and I assume these purchases qualify for the 0.5% contribution as well.

John

Thanks John! It all makes a difference.

I don't think Amazon Fresh (or Prime Now) counts - just the standard Amazon catalogue, but that's still a lot!

David.

This is a great idea! I have always said that it is necessary to save money on purchases of any kind . I have been using it for a long time DontPayFull.com to search for promo codes for discounts and promotions in various online stores. Once I even bought a full set of cool fishing gear with an 80% discount. And I am pleased with the opportunity to shop with discounts from such giants as Amazon or Aliexpress. I think it will be very useful to many of us and we will finally understand how much sellers inflate the prices of goods.

Hopefully, the commission from my purchases has been flowing through for some time. Perhaps, you could re-pin this thread.