You are here

Vitamin K2 mk7 from Natto?

Categories:

Hi everyone I tested my vitamin D and and it is 41ng/ml(I stopped taking D3 for 2 months) so I will start again 4000iu and I want to take k2 to. I do not know if all k2 mk7 supplements are from Natto or there are k2 supplaments produced from something else. I mean which is better?

Thank you!

Why did you stop taking D3? what was your D level when you stopped?

Vitamin K2 is formed by bacteria during the fermentation process. Natto has the highest amount naturally around 1000 mcg per 100 grams. A typical serving of Natto has 45 grams. Hard cheeses such as Gouda & Jarlsberg have the next highest, but note how much lower at 76 mcg per 100 grams of K2.

1. https://www.nutritionadvance.com/foods-high-in-vitamin-k2/

The recommended daily intake of K2 is 90 mcg, but studies have shown 200 mcg per day is necessary to prevent calcium deposits in soft tissues (arteries, renal, etc.). I take, on average about 400-600 mcg per day because I eat Natto most days. Natto is an acquired taste.....like scotch. You have to watch others do it knowing it's good for you and then you dig in and in and in and finally - oh -yeah, this is why people like it. Natto is like that. It has a nutty flavor and once you get past the smell and texture - the flavor comes through. Like blue cheese.

Most people will opt for supplements. Make sure you buy supplements that are MK-7 which lasts longest in the body. I take a full spectrum K2 (i.e. mk-4, Mk-7, mk-9) which has a minimum of 100 mcg of MK-7. I consider supplements a base level and when I add Natto, I am supercharging my K2, but never below 200 mcg per day. My arteries cleared out in two years!

K2's effect is dose dependent. The more you take the more osteocalcin you produce which binds to excess calcium and removes it from soft tissue and in concert with vitamin D deposits in bone.

Vitamin D and K2 work together. https://www.grassrootshealth.net/blog/need-take-vitamin-k2-vitamin-d/

Hi Scuba! Thank you for your response!
I started vitamin d3 at about 15/12/2020 after checking my levels. It was at 38 ng/ml. So I took 4000iu per day without k2.After two months I stopped to check my levels because I was afraid of toxicity(maybe it has not logical base but...)... That time occured some personal problems and I didn t ckeck my levels... I completely forgot it!!
No I want to do it right!