You are here

Updated eligibility: A study to investigate how CML patients respond to COVID vaccination

Categories:

** London based patients **

Dr Hugues de Lavallade at Guy's Hospital in London is running a study to investigate how patients with MPN or CML respond to COVID vaccinations.

There are some exclusion criteria which mean lots of us will not be eligible - but if you are, this would be well worth participating in.

To be eligible:

• You must either have not had your second vaccine yet, or have had it within the last 6 weeks. If you had your second vaccine more than 6 weeks ago you are not eligible. Basically, if your second dose was in March or before you can't take part.
  • Ideally you would be a patient of Guy's hospital, but this is not a hard and fast requirement. However you would need to potentially travel there, so London based is needed really.

If you would like to take part, please email: gst-tr.haemimmunocovid19study@nhs.net

Please include the following details in the email:

• Full name:
  • Haematological Diagnosis:
  • Current treatment:
  • Primary treating hospital/centre [e.g. Guy’s Hospital, London):
  • Type of vaccine (Pfizer/Astra-Zeneca/Moderna):
  • Vaccination date(s): [Dose 1 DD/MM/YYYY] [Dose 2 DD/MM/YYYY]
  • History of COVID-19 : yes/no
  • Contact details:
  • Mobile number:
  • Email:

You can find out more here: https://www.mpnvoice.org.uk/news/research-to-investigate-how-patients-wi...

Hi David

Such a shame this is restricted to London. D you think they will be widening their search for CML patients meeting their criteria? I am  in Mid Devon and I know of another CMLer in Somerset keen to take part.

Best

Chrissie

Hi Chrissie - 

You could email and check - perhaps they could have the blood sent via courier or other means?

David.

HI David

I have just emailed them asking if bloods could be taken down here and couriered - the same as when I was on DESTINY. The one stumbling block may, of course, be whether or not my GP ir hospital are prepared to take this on. We'll see.

Best

Chrissie

Guy's Hospital have been in touch to say they are expanding this trial to patients who either have not had their second dose of a COVID vaccine, or have had it but within the last 8 weeks.

They are widening location also, those in or around London, or those who are close to London and willing to travel (when it is easy to do so). They want to recruit as many patients as possible, but don't want to inconvenience people with long travel.

David.