You are here

Quercetin anyone?

Antiviral, immunomodulatory, and anticoagulant effects of quercetin and its derivatives:

Potential role in prevention and management of COVID-19

I take quercetin for CML. Nice to see it works on the same replication cycles present in the flu virus'. Makes sense as I think about it.

So much in food can help us stay healthy (red onions are loaded with quercetin). Quercetin alone is likely not enough, but together with vitamin D, and C and zinc and other lifestyle factors which keep your immune system strong even as we age, infectious disease will have a tough time getting a foothold.

Hi Scuba ,I started taking Quercetin and it was working well with inflammation in my finger joints so much so I could get my rings on again which I hadn't been able to do for about 3 years  .But then I started to get a really bad stomach ,a feeling of fullness and pain .I hadn't been anywhere to catch a germ and had eaten the same as my Husband and he was ok .So the only thing I could think of was taking quercetin on an empty stomach ,so I stopped taking it then gradually got better .I will leave it a few weeks then start again but take it with food this time instead and see if that is better for me .Denise.

Hi Denise,

I was the same way. Some people need to take it with food, some on an empty stomach. I don't take it all of the time, just most of the time when I am home and not traveling. I did develop a liking for red onions in a spinach salad.

Hi, Scuba,

should we take quercetin constantly or it is necessary to stop for some period of time and then to take it again?

Thank you!

I almost had my head bitten off when I mentioned autopathy and flavonoids at a CML forum.

But I see now reference to the autopathy inhibitor coded MRT403 deploying the UKL1 pathway. Perhaps a manufactured drug is on the way for us.