You are here

Why some get very sick from Covid and others do not ... in fact, most do not.

A bit of science today backing up what we have been reporting on this forum for some time.

Exposure to SARS-CoV-2 does not, universally, result in infection. A subset of people are spared from COVID-19, despite living in close quarters with others who have tested positive. The reason why some people are more resistant to infection has remained unanswered. A leading theory has been that pre-existing T cells, primed by endemic human coronaviruses, might mediate protection in SARS-CoV-2-naive people.

Indeed, previous studies have shown that T cells induced by other coronaviruses can recognize SARS-CoV-2. Now, a new study from the Imperial College London examines—for the first time—how the presence of these T cells at the time of SARS-CoV-2 exposure influences whether someone becomes infected.

And what activates T-cells to fight infections?

Yep - you all know. Vitamin D*.

And you need enough vitamin D to be available to enable T-cells to do their magic. How much? This much ----> 55 ng/ml. (ideally - 70-100 better)

How do you know you have this much? Get a simple blood test twice a year. What do you do if you are below 55 ng/ml, you supplement with vitamin D3. How much should you supplement? At least 5,000 IU's per day or perhaps as much as 10,000 IU's per day. I average 7500 per day in winter and 5,000 per day in summer and none per day when I am scuba diving - which is to say only in warm Caribbean waters.

It's not about antibodies - it's T-cells that matter. Antibodies come and go. In fact, T-cells consume antibodies (somewhat).

Take care of your T-cells!@

Do not be afraid of Covid - outsmart it by protecting yourself with nutrition which feeds your T-cells.

(* and what helps vitamin D do its thing - zinc, vitamin C, magnesium & quercetin. Take vitamin K2 with D3 to help your bones too.

** I have been exposed to Covid (all three variants) on 5 separate contact tracing occasions. Nothing. But I did get a head cold recently after my 5th exposure likely Omicron. It was annoying for two days - first head cold in 15 years, but no fever, no aches, no cough, just nasal filling up like a fire hydrant. Stopped suddenly on day 3. Omicron? no idea. It was a classic head cold which lasted only a few days. I continue to test negative for Covid)

I've been on 5000 ui for a while now and blood chemistry shows a good level.

Many people i spent time with in Christmas and New year tested positive shortly after and I'm yet to test positive.

Scuba

thanks for all the useful info you keep posting!!👍🏻

Thank you for the useful information, my Vit D is 34 G and my Glucose is down to 54, so all my levels feels a bit off... i will try rightaway with 7500 Vit D. Unless there is anything else i should try.

Thank you again

Your vitamin D level is indeed too low for healthy virus protection. I took 10,000 IU's per day every day for three weeks to double my level. Hopefully it can do the same for you. I also take vitamin K2 (200 mcg) at the same time as D as D and K2 work together in the body. When the sun angle is above 50 degrees in the sky at noon, cutting back to 5,000 IU's per day is a good idea unless you are never in the sun. I take 5,000 IU's per day summer and 7500 per day (5,000 one day, 10,000 the next) in winter. I take no vitamin D3 on days I am Scuba diving - which is not nearly enough.

Everyone is different in how they metabolize vitamin D, which is why vitamin D testing is so important on regular basis (twice a year). Over time you will learn how much you need to supplement throughout the year to keep your levels within a virus/cancer protecting range between 55-100 ng/ml. A friend of mine took 5,000 IU's per day and her vitamin D levels shot up to 120 ng/ml. (although when she added K2, her levels fell back to ideal quickly).

54 mg/dL is quite low. An ideal fasting sugar level is between 70 - 80 mg/dL. Below 70 ng/ml a person is hypoglycemic and below 50 ng/ml risk of death increases significantly. See a doctor if your 54 ng/ml level is real and not a data mistake.

Thank you, I appreciate your input, i will work on my Vitamin D, but right now my sugar levels are more of a priority and I understand that Vitamin D my lower even more Glucose levels, so i was looking for other options over the counter and Vitamin B is a good option, i message my doctor and i am waiting for a response, i hope to get back to my original levels soon, i feel irritable, blurry vision and tired, and I don't even thing is related to Sprycel, because i never felt like these since i got Covid Omicron last month.... 

thank yiu again for the useful information.