You are here

Sudden cold sweats

Hi all,

My wife is experiencing sudden cold sweats (without fever) since last few days. 
she isn’t experiencing any fever or any other corona like symptoms. 

She is on Dasatinib 50 mg and was diagnosed with cml in December 2020. 

The C reactive protein value was 3 time higher than the normal one.

Should we consult our haematologist. Please advise.  

Also, The eosinophils are usually higher since the diagnosis and so is ESR which our haematologist doesn’t seem to be concerned for. Is this something to worry about or not 

Thanks  

Hi, it sounds like you are worried about her C-reactive protein level. This may indicate some kind of inflammation, so I would suggest you do contact her Haematologist just incase dasatinib -even at 50mg - is indicated. Depending on her PCR results it might be that she could take a break from dasatinib just to rule it out as a cause of her higher than normal levels or C-reactive protein. Has she been tested for possible covid infection? 

Sandy

CRP is a protein made by the liver so it might be an idea to check your liver function scores perhaps.As Sandy said it might indicate some form of infection and also that your immune levels are not in order.

Another measure of inflammation is the NLR score :neutrophils divided by lymphocytes and the ideal ratio  should be between 0.7 to 3.6.If it is say above 6 then as  a bio marker it is telling us something.

One way of dealing with inflammation in a natural way is exercise,no smoking or alcohol,losing weight if needed and a balanced diet.

Vitamin D and zinc are useful in boosting immunity it seems

In my experience it is quite normal to experience some of the symptoms of CML such as night sweats and bruising for instance even when one has a vey low PCR

Regards John

Thanks, John. We have recently done a complete blood count and nothing seems off. Sweating is not in the night but usually in the day, at times twice a day or at times thrice in the day. 

There are no covid symptoms as well so not really sure what is the cause. 

Our hemat too doesn't seem concerned with this but since its been almost 2 weeks so we are a little worried. 

Thanks