You are here

Dasatinib 100mg to be lower to 50th after trip to emergency center at MD Anderson

Tuesday I could tell I was running a low grade fever so after contacting the leukemia team they asked me to come in.  I ended up being admitted be a use they wanted to know the source for my temperature 101.5 max 102.   While in the El I had ano allergic reaction to an amoxicillin in my IV.   After blood work the liver numbers were up.   The doctor that is over the leukemia dept  was making rounds with my doctor and they decided to drop my dose to 50mg.    I am hoping this brings my liver number back down.    Anyone else have this happen and dropping the dose work out?   Pls let me know.

Thank you all

Onekayaker

Oh yea, the staff in the EC nicknamed me "skittles girl" because of the cherry like rash.

My first 3 months of 100mg dastinib.
My Liver numbers went to:
AST  80
ALT 66
I was told my liver was stressed.
I stopped the Gin and Tonics.

Now they are:
AST 37
ALT 33
...On 50mg of dastinib.
...and I am not as animated as I use to be?

It’s not uncommon that your liver numbers spike.
It’s uncommon that they don’t go back down after
a few months.

Unless your liver is damaged.

I also know if it will rain tomorrow..
I’m a know-it-all! You Know...

Romo

Thanks Romo.   Liver good never drank.   I was waiting game for my doc'said nurse to go over numbers with me as she said she would at the 6:30 am rounds but no nurse.   Will see them after the vampires collect blood at 4:30am    Why do they collect so early????

Onekayaker 

They want it before you change it with lifestyle.
Let them have there way.
It’s for your own good. You might be special.
Like me!

Romo