Any Good Stories.

Good Stories.

I got DX 2016 with CML I was 65yo.
Never heard of it and never was sick
with serious anything in my life.

Went on Sprycle got real sick,
..and now it’s good.

I’m back to a mostly a normal life.
I don’t feel too bad. I got the stuff that you all talk about.
Bone pain, sleepy stress, chemo brain.
but..

I’m still good looking,
My wife still loves me and my wiener dog still
hates me.

Are there any good stories out there?
We need to help each other and that includes
our good stories.

I went back to work in my contractor business,
All  though less is more, I still have my garden, and
it’s fabulous.

I like jokes. “I’m gonna leave all my money to the
Hamster society. That’s all I’ll have left!”.

I’m still standing and still banging it up!
Even with CML.

Romo,

I love your stories and your attitude Romo :) Your comments always make me smile. 

I think CML has brought my husband and I closer and it’s made us appreciate what we have in life. As my Grandma would say it has helped us both to always count our blessings. 

I am sorry your dog doesn’t love you. You need to keep working on that ! 

I too was Dx in 2016 at age 63 and started on 300 mg Tasigna 2x/day. I had no symptoms from CML but got sick from the medicine - 4 month non-stop breakout in skin cancers (never had before), heart arrhythmia, swoIlen salivary glands, mouth ulcers, GI issues, insomnia, mild fatigue, mild neuropathy, folliculitis all over my head, hair stopped growing but didn't fall out.  Successive dose reductions over a 6 month period down to 150 mg 1x/day and now most of these side effects are either gone completely or much improved.   I too am back to a nearly normal life and thankful that my CML is well under control (<.003% for nearly 18 months). My wife thinks I'm good looking. If my dog didn't love me, I think I'd stop taking my Tasigna.  It's been quite journey, one that has obviously changed my outlook on life and one that would have been far more difficult without the support of this group.

Almost 3 years ago, I went to my Doctor for a swollen knee issue, blood test and then told probably leukemia. Told the Onc that there is a relationship with my knee and CML. He laughed, but when the swelling in my knee was gone after 6 months, I had a BMB and PCR was <1.0, zero blasts and zero mutations. 

I guess there are only a few good stories.
It’s not easy being CML.

Romo

Decided to get intraocular implants so i wouldn’t  have to wear glasses anymore.  Eye surgeon required my general practitioner to sign that I was healthy enough for the procedure (basically cataract surgery).   I was actually perturbed when I discovered that meant I had to take a physical which includes a CBC.   And here I am.  

Aren't we ALL a good story?  Since the discovery of these amazing medications, we now have a chance, before these medicines... well, you know.  

Embrace every day as if it were your last, love every moment, cherish every relationship, every life and embrace all that is our Cosmos for we are all one with it.