You are here

Skin rashes caused by tasigna. Can anyone advice me how to get rid of this?

Categories:

I am taking tasigna since 2015 and i am now suffering from a severe skin rash problem. At first, i dont take it so seriously coz as my doctor told me skin rash is one of the side effects of taking tasigna. But now rashes are all over my body and i can't stop it from spreading. Can somebody help and give me an advice how to lessen my skin rash.

Thank you and godbless to all

Jeff

Suggest you go see a dermatologist to get a correct diagnosis of what kind of skin rash you have.  Tasigna does cause skin issues/problems, but you need to know which one you have to determine if it's treatable and with what treatment.  

Hi,

I also have had a reaction to Nilotinib, I get itchy skin and a rash, I am currently taking antihistamines for this and although it does not stop the symptoms altogether it does help.

Jeff,

I also had severe skin rash after about 4 months of Tasigna. I took Cetrizine 10mg ( antihistamine tablet) and it worked very well . Just one dose of 10mg was enough for me to stop the rash for 3-4 days , so was taking 10mg of cetrizine in 3-4 days when rash reappeared. Within about four- five weeks rash stooped reoccurring. It's been about 18months now ..I have not developed any noticable rash !!