You are here

Good news one year in

Just a quick update on how my husband Paul is doing. We got his latest Bcr- Abl results this morning and, at one year,  he is at 0.03 . That’s quite a drop from 3 months ago when he was at 0.27 which was an increase from his 6 month result of 0.1. So feeling hugely relieved today.

He is tolerating the 70 mg dose of Sprycel ( dasatinib) pretty well. We will have a discussion with his oncologist about whether it’s worth reducing to 50 again or just wait another 6 months to get a couple more good test results .

This community has been such a huge support  for our family this last year and I will always be so grateful.

Best wishes to you all,

Louise 

Congrats!!!!   Always good to read posts like this

stephanie

So very happy for you and your husband Louise. I will do my 3 mo PCR soon and hope I get good results too. Be well and again so happy for you both.

Great news, Louise!  Your husband is in a perfect position to ask this burning question of his onc at the next visit:  "Do you think, now that I'm below MMR, that a further reduction down to 50 mg might stave off any pleural effusion appearing in the future?"  I really think in the next few years this is going to be something they need to study.  Too many people are showing up with pleural effusion after years of being on Sprycel at 100 or 70 mgs.  It's also a question of whether or not this effusion is really there from the very beginning, since people mostly start it at those doses, but are asymptomatic.  Maybe someday the way people start on Sprycel will be at 20 mg and move up in dosage as needed, instead of the other way round.  There's still so much nobody knows!