You are here

Help understanding results

Categories:

Hello All. New member here. Was diagnosed in July 2017. I am still having a hard time figuring out what my results of my BCR-ABL test mean even after reading thru the guide(and Yes I will read thru it again but some advice might help me interpret it.) Attaching an image below. If anyone can give me some sort of idea what these results mean it would be greatly appreciated. My oncologist just tells me my numbers look fine without explanation. :( Some information redacted for privacy.

Thanks,

Aero

Hi Aero,

Those numbers look excellent. They show "<0.0032" which is their way of saying that the result is lower than MR4.5. That's a great place to be.

0.1%, whcih is MMR or MR3 is generally considered the "safe zone", though patients a bit above this tend to do very well also.

I would recommend that you read our booklet: "Quantitative Revers Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction - A primer for patients". Don't be put off by the scary name, it is quite approachable especially in the introductory pages. It'll teach you how to interpret your results, and more.

https://www.cmlsupport.org.uk/node/20097

It's a shame when your doctor won't go into more detail than "looking fine", but at least in your case they are right - you are doing fine, in fact much better than fine.

Would you mind telling us what medication you are taking?

David.