You are here

Dasatinib and antidepressants

Hello and hope everyone is feeling well. I have been taking citalopram for a number of years and will be discontinuing since it interacts with dasatinib and could cause qt prolongation (a cardiac problem). My specialty pharmacy found no interaction between dasatinib and paxil- does anyone take these two together? This forum is invaluable for sharing experiences and information, thank you for any comments!

I use the article by Haouala et al which appeared in Blood Journal  24 Feb 2011 titled "Drug Interactions with TKIs......." as a source of possible interactions.I have tracked down a full copy accessible on a free basis by googling but cannot post it as it says for personal use only.However in the article under Nervous System there is a section on a class of drugs termed as SSRI s and listed is Paroxetine which is an alternative name for Paxil;apparently the authors have found from research or they have deduced that there is interaction with imatinib and nilotinib but there is a blank entry for dasatinib indicating at this stage no evidence of interaction..You may wish to check other Drugs Checkers such as Epocrates which apparently is very comprehensive.

Trust this helps

John

hello and thank you so much for your response!