You are here

What about hand made cereal bars?

Hi everyone! I am CML patient for almost three years. Every thing goes perfect and the desease is anditectable. I have a thought that scares me a lot and I wanted to know if someone of you have ever discussed something like that with his doctor. The last 2 months I buy handmade cereal bars without asking the ingredients because I thought that even it has a small amount of grape fruit is not gonna be a promblem.... But now I am thinking if the bars had grapefruit and even this small amount is a problem? I am pretty scared... In three months I am starting the program to cut the sprycel and I do not want to do anything stupid.... ... Sorry for my English

I don’t know the answer to your question, however, I would quit eating them to be sure.

Others on here who know more than me about interactions with TKI’s might chime in.

I would also ask the medical person that you see for the CML.

I don’t know the answer to your question, however, I would quit eating them to be sure.

Others on here who know more than me about interactions with TKI’s might chime in.

I would also ask the medical person that you see for the CML.

I meant to add that every winter I get a type of orange that are a combination of orange and grapefruit. They are awesome! I eat them and they have not hurt my PCR numbers. 

I only do that for about one month. But I eat quite a few in that month. Other than that I avoid grapefruits. 

Hope that helps. 

I asked him about one year before if I have to look to the ingredients for pieces of grapefruit and told that this not necessary... Maybe I anderstood wrong.... I Spoke with him yesterday and told that if I eat every day maybe I will have trouble.... I am confused and scared too because I don't know if the bars had grapefruit. I have eaten bars from a lot of stores all this three years and I had no problem.... Pfffffff. 😒😒