You are here

Tasigna and skin rash

Categories:

I have been on tasigna for 3 weeks and developed a rash the first week. My docv is aware and because it is not that uncomfortable he said to continue with the medication and to monitor the rash but I have little red bumps all over my body. Does this eventually go away on its own? What have other people experienced? I don't want to change my medication just because of the rash otherwise the medication has been very effective for me thus far

You probably have either petechiae or folliculitis or both.  I had both and still have mild folliculitis on my scalp even though my dose is now down to 150 mg/day.  There are simple treatments for both of these and your regular doc should be able to help with diagnosis and treatment.  I know my oncologist was not much help with side effect management but my GP has been.  Good luck

Hi Anya,

I have been also taking Tasigna since Jan 2017 ( was diagnosed on Dec 2016).
After first couple months I also had severe rash ( underneath my arms, at backs, crouches..) , very itchy. I took over the counter antihistamine Cetrizine . One dose of 10mg Cetrizine was able to control rash for 3-4 days ...I had that issue for about a month and it just went by itself... Cetrizine really helped me a lot during that period.

Regards

Hi there,

I’ve been on Tasigna for 19 months and yes you will get little red pimples at the hair follicle. I have them on my scalp, arms and legs and other areas. It doesn’t itch and is just irritating that they’re there but it’s a very small price to pay. It’s no doubt Folliculitis you can get a steroid cream from the GP and it does work but if Tasigna works you’ll be on these for life and no doubt always have this problem.

I’ve learned to live with it myself and don’t really think about it anymore. This i would say is my only persistent side effect to date.

All the best with your treatment.

Alex