I have been on Tasigna for about 6 months. Due to my last blood tests, I had to add a couple of extra pills to my daily routine, and now I'm up to 8 (including the 4 capsules of tasigna).
I realized I have trouble keeping up and synchronizing with nilotinib fasting.
My pills are the following:
- Nilotinib morning dose (8.30 AM)
- Iron supplement (just started due to low ferritine, I don't know what to do with this. I initially took it together with morning tasigna, now moved before going to bed)
- T4 (5mg) for autoimmune thyroid disease (just started due to elevated TSH, currently trying to take this pill half an hour before lunch)
- D3 supplement (currently trying to consume immediately after lunch)
- Allopurinol 100mg (perscribed by my hematologist, currently trying to consume immediately after lunch)
- nilotinib evening dose (8.30 PM)
Immediately after starting the iron supplement, constipation kicked in (absolutely expected). I am quite frustrated about forgetting some of them (except nilotinib, I cannot really forget that!! :P )
- Could/Should I be taking either the iron supplement or T4 together with my nilotinib morning dose? Or should I avoid every other pill/supplement? If possible, I would prefer to have T4 in the morning, since I eat my breakfast around 10AM and it's usually yogurt, so that doesn't go together with iron.
- Iron and T4 should be hours apart, according to my endocrinologist. I don't know what to do with the iron. Is the idea to take it before going to bed a good one?
- Is timing gonna help with the constipation issue? I think nilotinib +iron do the trick...