You are here

High WBC - cml progressing??

Categories:

Hi there,

I have severe joint paint hence got my CBC test today.

TLC - increased to 16000
Neutrophils - 70%
Leukocyte - 18.5
Esionophil. - 3.5 %

I am on Tasigna for almost an year now.

I am very much worried if my CML started progressing. Kindly suggest

Best regards
Ontasigna

Not enough information.

What is your PCR level? What is your blast cell count (percentage)? What are your other blood counts in absolute numbers (not percentage)?

Hi Scuba

I am on Tasigna 400 mg BD since an year. My last PCR 25 sep - 0.0078

I actually missed a dose(evening) 07th dec so took an CBC today.

CBC report : 11 Dec
Hemoglobin. : 15.3
TLC : 16000
Neutrophils 70%
Lymphocyte : 18.5%
Esonphils. : 3.5%
Monocyte : 7.1%
Basophils : 0.8%

On 20th Nov : TLC : 8800

Kindly suggest. I am really worried.

On your CBC, it should show ABS numbers (ABS = absolute). Can you report those ....

Kindly help me with your suggestions. I am really worried.

Your white blood cell count is showing a sharp rise which could easily be caused by an infection you may be fighting.

You could be losing response, but given that you PCR from a few months ago was excellent (i.e. < 0.01%), it seems unlikely that you would lose response this quick and then have symptoms (i.e. blood counts) show up.

What you must do is get a PCR test (bcr-abl) right away (and FISH as well). Without fresh PCR data, we are guessing.

Ohh okay. My CBC couple of weeks back was good around 8800. Is it possible to lose response so quickly.

Not really - it is, however, very possible for WBC's (leukocytes) to jump dramatically in the presence of an infection including pregnancy for women. 16,000 - 18,000 is not unusual in those cases.

Hi Ontasigna,

Any news? This thread caught my eye when you posted, and I have been looking for your news.

I hope everything is alright, and it was just an infection!

Get well soon :)

Regards, 

Koralia

Hi, yes. Worried a bit

I got my CBC report today again. Here are the latest values.

Last week - TLC was 11.53 and today it's 11.14

Lymphocytes have increased from 28%(abs 3.24) to 42%(abs 4.73).

Not sure what is causing increase in lymphocytes. Kindly share your thoughts.

Differential Leucocyte Count (DLC)
Segmented Neutrophils 43.00 % 40.00 - 80.00
Lymphocytes 42.50 % 20.00 - 40.00
Monocytes 8.50 % 2.00 - 10.00
Eosinophils 5.30 % 1.00 - 6.00
Basophils 0.70 % <2.00
Absolute Leucocyte Count
Neutrophils 4.79 thou/mm3 2.00 - 7.00
Lymphocytes 4.73 thou/mm3 1.00 - 3.00
Monocytes 0.95 thou/mm3 0.20 - 1.00
Eosinophils 0.59 thou/mm3 0.02 - 0.50
Basophils 0.08 thou/mm3 0.01 - 0.10
Platelet Count 207.0 thou/mm3 150.00 - 450.00

Not sure what to do! Please help with your suggestions

But that's lower than the last time you wrote, so you went down from 16 to around 11.5, right?

Your general counts seem much much better than last time.

From your absolute counts, neutrophils seem to be very much normal.

I'm not the expert here, but I see that you have a bit high lymphocytes (again, as an absolute number), which do not increase in CML (I think they belong in a different white blood cell "family").

What does your doctor say?

Ontasigna - This looks like a normal report.  I don't see any reason for you to be worried.

I’m in the same boat with my lymphocytes increased to 6.78 when I had bloodwork last week with wbc count of 12.8

my next bloodwork is on monday 12/23.

I read online that Dasatinib induces lymphocytosis with in 1-2hr window after the pill is taken and normalizes after that. Google “dasatinib lymphocytosis nature”

I had emailed Dr cortes and he said not a major concern. He was aware of the fact dasatinib causes lymphocytosis.

Next time i’m planning to take the pill after the blood is drawn to see if that makes difference. Fingers crossed..

Hi Korila,

Yes, My first CBC showed TLC - 16000.

I had to get CBC again at NABL accredaited lab to be sure on the count. That's when I got 11.53 with abs lym count : 3.54 dated 12 Dec

On 17th Dec I took CBC test on the same NABL accredaited lab for comparison in which TLC is 11.14 (Slightly reduced) however abs lymphocytes increased(4.73).

Many thanks for checking in

Brett can i ask please how you are getting on now? Im in exact same position.

Hi Brett can I ask how you are getting on now with lymphocytes?