You are here

Missed imatinib doses

Categories:

Hi everyone 

Hope you all are doing good and fighting well with CML.

Ok, so in the last month I was a little pre occupied with kids and work and I missed several doses of imatinib 😞, and now I have to do my pcr again so I am little scared about it.

I wanted to ask everyone has any of you missed your dose, unfortunately if yes then how did it affect your pcr results.

Nidda

Nidda, 

My CML has been undetectable for over 2 years. When I had foot surgery last Sept, my hematologist/oncologist was comfortable with me being off Imatinib for up to 2 weeks. I only missed a couple of doses in the days following surgery in order to avoid any adverse reactions between it and the pain med I was on. My Nov PCR was still negative, despite the missed doses. You should be fine.

Oh good to hear that.

After how much time you got negative pcr results.

My CML was caught very early. My first PCR was 0.1264. My second PCR (3 months later), showed a 3-log reduction. It was undetectable at 6 months and has stayed that way ever since.

Wow that’s great, do you still take medicine

Your fine. I miss a dose of my Sprycel once a week when I have some Beers on the weekend and my levels are 0.0312 so you should be fine .