You are here

Imatinib side-effect?

Categories:

Hi Everyone

I have been on Imatinib for nearly 19 years and it has done wonders for me!

I started on 600mg per day, going down to 500mg because of eye-problems, then down to 400mg in 2011.

My side-effects have been consistent with the drug, which could have been much worse!

I have consistently had pain in my left foot ever since I started taking Imatinib - across the top and into the ankle.

It has got much worse over the last month and difficult to walk on.  Have had an x-ray in the past & no sign of Arthritis.

Wondered whether anyone else has experienced this, and if so, what to do to help ease the pain.  My consultant doesn't

agree it's the Imatinib, but I'm not convinced!  Would appreciate any comments please.

Yes, I posted the post about pain in my side yesterday.  My oncologist states that Gleevec does not cause muscle or joint pain.  So, maybe they need to begin listening to all of us who experience it and check into it a bit more!

Off topic, did it affect your pcr coming off 600? I’m on 600 for 5 years now and Doc said to try 400 starting next week, 6 weeks before my next test. I’ve been a steady.02.

Hello
I am on imatinib 4 years now,,at the begining i used to have some joints pain,it faded with time,
Btw it got worst when i took the generic imatinib(teva-imatinib), so i sticked to the gleevec (brand name).

I agree - but I think as long as your Oncologist is happy with blood-counts and BCR results, they are not

concerned about pain. Hope you get some joy from your Doc about the pain in your side!

My PCR is steady on 400mg - there was no dramatic change coming off 600mg, although oncologist was

cautious and put me onto 500 next, then down to 400.  Occasionally have a 'blip' where level rises slightly,

but then it goes back down again.  Nothing major!