You are here

Taking minoxodil and finasteride for hair loss

Hi, my name is Izham. I am now taking tasigna 400 mg twice daily. Its been 4 years since i’m diagnosed with cml. I’ve been dealing with hair loss for about 2 years which I don’t know whether its the side effects of tasigna or not. I want to ask a question on taking minoxodil and finasteride for my hair loss problem. Does these medications I state above will affect me or tasigna effects if I started taking them?

Hi, Izham. Hope you're fine. hair loss/thinning is a well known side effect of tasigna (i also have this side effect). Minoxidil is fine with tasigna (it's a topycal solution and there's no known interaction with tasigna and some patients also use minoxidil with tasigna with no problems, but very limited good effects on hair loss). I really don't know about finasteride, but it's a pill and it's broken in the liver, so i would talk to my doctor before take this medication. good luck!

Thank you for the response. I will talk to my doctor soon. Sorry for asking, have you done any treatment or solution to overcome hairloss and grow the hair back?

sorry for the late response, but not much. if the cause is the TKI, minoxidil doesn't help that much, but you could try for a couple of months. good luck!

Hey , 

quick question... are u taking the finasteride now ? What did ur doctor say ? 

Hey ,

quick question... are u taking the finasteride now ? What did ur doctor say ? Is it ok to take finasteride ?