You are here

MMR finally

Hey everyone,

I just wanted you all to know that I finally made MMR @0.072% after 2.5 years on 600mg Nilotinib.

To say this has been the hardest time of my life is a massive understatement but I am extremely happy and emotional with the result after having being stuck @0.1 for 1 year.

You all know the struggle, but the biggest take home I have learned from my journey thus far for any newcomer is these numbers do bob around. It's hard I know not to freak out over a "bad" result (small incline, decline, stuck/plateau etc) as I have done for the last 18months. It’s also important not to compare your results to anyone else you see on here. We each have our own journey but you can at least see a common trend between different responses. And I am very guilty of over catastrophizing these things as a sufferer of anxiety for many years.

With all that said without this forum and its members I would have been truly lost.

Thank you everyone and I wish you all continued success with your treatments.

Alex x

Hi Alex,

I can see the grin on your face, which will be there all day, plus a small tipple later on, congratulations, and cheers!

PeterπŸ˜€

Congratulations Alex!!!Really happy for you!

Best,

Vicky

Many thanks Peter,

Lots of smiles and joy here today and I think I may be like this for a while.

Cheers to you.

Alex

Many thanks Vicky.

I wish you all the best with your journey too.

All the best

Alex

Wonderful news Alex. You must celebrate.

Thanks Roza. I certainly am/will πŸ™‚

Alex

Congratulations Alex! That is great news and worth celebrating. 

Thanks Ian. I am sure you will follow soon. I was beginning to loose hope, I expect you’ll have a considerable drop sooner than later too!

All the best mate

Alex

Many thanks An.

haha yes I love that saying.

All the best

Alex

Fantastic news Alex; don't you just love those zeros.

May you find many more of those in your blood results from now onsmiley.

Take care,

pigeon.

Thanks Pigeon,

I’ll be happy if I stay here forever but any decline is welcome πŸ€ͺ

Alex

Thanks mate, feels like an age but nice to finally be MMR. For those also waiting I am sure it’ll come.

Alex

Congratulations, Alex! This news put a smile on my face 😊

Koralia

Thank you so much Koralia. I was beginning to think it mat never happen. And I am still smiling πŸ˜€

Alex - that's great! I am delighted for you. It must feel like a weight off your shoulders.

David

Hi David,

Thank you! Yes a huge weight. I’ve been telling everyone I feel much lighter lol. And thanks for all your supportive comments over the last few years. As I said without this forum it would be a 1000 times harder.

Alwx

Great news!  I came in here just to see this... struggling to get below .1 myself and needed this so THANK YOU for sharing.  Huge congratulations. 

Thank you!

Keep the faith it WILL come and when it does you’ll now doubt feel like you’ve be reborn like I do. I am glad my consultant didn’t panic and try to switch me. I have a feeling when we plateau the majority do a premature switch. Stay the course and you’ll probably follow!

Alex

Hi Alex, congratulations on this achievement. Maybe from now on you will be more enthusiastic about pursuing new goals that are not CML related.

All the best.

Hello Alex,

that’s great news-congratulations! It’s reassuring to hear all your news and reassurance for those of us who are relatively recently diagnosed and starting down the same path.

Davis

Thank you. Yes mentally my life had really what felt like being on pause. Nice to get a little closure and forget about it somewhat.

Alex

Hey David,

Many thanks mate. I am sure soon you will be following too. Try not to get discouraged should things be slower than we’d like, quite likely you’ll be a faster responder.

Alex

Congratulations Alex...

Best of luck......

Never stop believing in hope because

MIRACLE HAPPENS EVERYDAY... πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Just saw this post.  That is great news!  I hope your numbers continue to go down.  I made MMR for one lab and then was again just very slightly over again.  I think it is a plateau for me but we shall see.  That is great news for you and thanks for sharing.

Hi Alex,

that’s fantastic news, I’m so happy for you ! You are a great contributor to the group .

Hey mate,

Thank you! It sure does feel good to hear those MMR words after a pretty long time. I know others have been much longer and are still not MMR I believe for the majority of us it will happen but it’s at least restored my faith in my treatment and I got there at least. May it continue to drop or stay put now. I will say mentally I’ve been a new person since the news so if anything MMR is the mental boost we all need rathe than a clinical significance for comparing with CCYR. And I am sure being that yourself and Ian are so close you’re both no doubt like me plateaued for a bit. In my case 1 year @0.1.

Al

That’s very kind. We are all in this together and we get through it together. It’s important to not loose hope if that’s dwindling as it was for me.

Alex

Thread continued from: 
Still no MMR at 24 months Nilotinib