You are here

Thoughts on CBD and Drug Holidays

Categories:

I am wondering if anyone has new information about using CBD for anxiety and discomfort due to TKI's. And the latest on drug holidays with imatinib

Hi Sd 

Did you get any response to the CBD question for managing anxiety …

This is my first post/reply, I’m 5 weeks in from initial diagnosis & whilst I’m travelling well enough I feel I’m easily into fight or flight mode, kind of overreacting compared to pre diagnosis.

Thanks 

I haven't received any replies. There is not much information out there about CML, TKI's and CBD. I am thinking of trying to find a good pharmacist for a consult.

I also had a lot of initial anxiety. I still have some and especially at night (1 1/2 years after diagnosis). I am also trying to control arthritis without taking too much NSAIDS. So I am on a mission about CBD and also other homeopathics. I do use mindful meditation and that helps a lot with anxiety.

Ive mixed imatanib and THC and had no issue. I imagine CBD shouldn't be a problem.

Indeed very hard to find data on such interactions.

Thank you for your comments. You are right..it is hard to find data.

I did have a cbd latte once, it made me feel a bit anxious but i think that was my specific reaction to cbd+caffeine and nothing to do with imatanib

Rich evidence has shown that cannabis products exert a broad gamut of effects on emotional regulation. The pathological expression of anxiety leads to enduring emotional perturbations with a constant apprehension towards the possibility of future, vaguely defined negative events.