You are here

cramps

Hi to you all i have been on imatinib for four years . Initially had episodes of leg cramps overtime these became less frequent however they seem to be back  more often any advice would be appreciated thanks

Vonnie

I’ve been on imatinib for 6 years and I do find leg cramps and even hand cramps quite common but they are much worse on days when I haven’t had enough water.  I find I need to drink a lot more water to stay at my best and even reduce evening leg and puffy eye water retention.  Plus, when I drink lots of water (at least 2 litres/day) the leg cramps pretty much go away.  It’s worth a shot to see if increasing your water intake might help.

I used to get all sorts of weird cramps (fingers, toes, back, boob!!) , Two things help:
200mg magnesium daily
Light weight training of all muscle groups

Go easy with the weights at.first as you may experience more cramps but after a few weeks you should find they decrease significantly

Hi i would like to say thanks to all who replied to my post its just nice to know i am not the only one

thanks Vonnie

I had painful daily cramps on imatinib.

The very day I stopped using imatinib and started using dasatinib, the cramps went away never to return.

The curious thing is that I did get occasional cramps for many years before starting imatinib, but these also disappeared on starting dasatinib. I am now a crampless person.