You are here

6 months with Dasatinib - Some queries & concerns

Categories:

Hi All,

My wife has recently completed 6 months on Dasatinib 100 mg after being diagnosed in December 2020. Would seek your valuable advise/inputs on the below concerns: 

- greying of hair and density of hair have reduced a bit. 

- the puffiness on face is a major concern wherein the eyes in morning are almost invisible with the swelling on the face and is difficult to open. Our doctor says this is a minor issue as medicine is doing its job.

- Depigmentation of skin. The color of skin has become white from wheatish color

- a constant mild fever up to 99.2 on majority of days. We have discussed this with our doctor and he seems to be unmoved with the fever and asks to eat a PCM however we are not sure if eating PCM every other day is good or not. 

- Constant fatigue is another issue.

Latest blood test had the below observations.

Result                            Range
Hb                        10.2                               12- 15
RBC                     3.66                             3.8 - 4.8
MCHC                   30.90                        31.50 - 34.50
Red Cell dist width 14.8                               11.6 - 14

Eosinophils             12.10                              1 - 6

ESR                          44                                 0 - 20

In the Liver Function test 

AST:ALT ratio  is 1.09 ( range should be less than 1)

In Kidney Function Test, Urea and calcium seem to be slightly below the range.

What supplements do you recommend to counter the above issues. Has anyone encountered any of them and overcome successfully. Looking forward for your valuable inputs. 

John, Alex, Scuba and other members - seek your inputs.

Thanks

Hi ,

Even my husband's skin tone had become pale after dasatinib,it seems to be a common side effect
For fatigue drink lots of water, weirdly exercise helps,I don't know if it is due to sitting at home due to covid or not but he seems much more energetic after exercising.
I don't know about kidney and lft tests it takes some time for most parameters to return to normal.
As of now he takes vitamin d(his levels were v low <8).
I make a concoction of turmeric root,cinnamon,ginger and honey,it seems to help with muscle aches.