You are here

Bosutinib

Categories:

Hi

Just wondering if anyone is on Bosutinib and what their experiences of it are?

Many thanks

Susan

Hi.

I was on bosutinib few months ago. I had some diarrhea 3-4 weeks, but it disappeared. Try to take it after meal and it got better.

It was very effective, decreased BCR levels really fast. But through time, it raised a lot my liver transaminases, so I had to interrup it by 8 weeks and eventually changed to Imatinib, who seems to be "slower".

So my advice is to check your liver closely, and help it with diet, no alcohol, etc. I took care of it, but didn't work.

But it doesnt have to happen to you, right?. We are all different !!!

Good luck with that.

Hope you are going to be fine.

Humberto.

Thank you Humberto, that's very useful and as you say we are all different.

Good luck with your treatment

Susan

Hello, I see that you have been in this forum for 14 years, after so long I am curious why you switch to bosutinib, after so many years have the previous TKIs stopped working? Or is it for other reasons, such as adverse reactions, intolerance etc? Thank you.

Hi

Very briefly, as it's such a long, boring and complicated story..............

Yes, I have been on the forum for a long time. I was dx in 2005 and intolerant to both glivec and dasatanib. I had a SCT in 2007 and was PCR undetectable for quite a few years. I had DLI post transplant and after that I developed some form of arthritis. I have been on every arthritis medication and none worked until the latest one - it was wonderful. However, at the same time my PCR went up and I now need further treatment.

I've had a massive arthritis flare since stopping the treatment and had to go back on steroids. 

I had 2 Bosutinib and 4 diarrhoea tablets and developed a rash. I've had to stop the tablets and will be speaking to my haematologist tomorrow. I'm sure I will be restarting it again this week.

That's the bare bones of the saga but happy to expand the story if anyone wants to know anything specific.

Susan