You are here

CML and Dental Issue

Categories:

Greetings from India everyone!

My wife was diagnosed with CML almost a year ago.

The Imatinib/Glivec has worked wonders. However recently she had a bit of tooth ache in one of her tooth. That tooth had undergone a root canal some years back. Both the teeth next to it were also sensitive. So doctor advised extraction of the middle teeth, root canal of the adjacent ones and bridging it later. The extraction was successful but some how the root canal is not healing and the pain still persists. The canals are tender due to which the filling isn't possible. Its been 4 months. We tried root canal in multiple seating. But now the dentist is suggesting extraction of the other grinder teeth too.

In that way all the 3 grinder teeth will not be there on her right side.

we did Xray, CB- CT scan, 3d scan of the jaw. everything seems normal.

Our main concern is that after extraction will it heal positively or will it create more complications to the other teeth.

If anyone has any information or some contact who will be able to guide us, we will be really grateful for the advice.

Thanks a ton.

-Amit.

Dear Amit,

I had multiple wisdom teeth extractions, they were all in bad shape, and a piece of my jaw bone had to come with them. It wasn’t fun, but CML didn’t interfere with recovery. If your wife’s bcr-abl is stable, and her blood counts are normal CML shouldn’t have an affect on any of this. If she is facing any complications that is likely not related to her condition, but best to check with her hematologist and make sure her immune system works well. 

Best of luck to you.

-Thomas

What serious dental problems have you encountered?

Broken, crooked, missing teeth in the front do not add to our attractiveness and repel people from us. That's why we try to smile as little as possible and not show our front teeth. That's why, after a visit to the dental clinic, orthodontist Albany ga advised me of a unique device that will make my smile irresistible. With it, I will stop being embarrassed about my teeth, and I will be able to smile as often as I want. I listened to his opinion, and I wasn't sorry. They are so comfortable that I stopped noticing them within 10 minutes of insertion. No one will ever guess, without knowing you, that these are veneers and not your beautiful natural teeth.