You are here

Hypertension

Categories:

I'm on Bosutinib and have really high blood pressure.  My latest reading was 180/100.  Has anyone else on bosutinib suffered from hypertension?  Before I was diagnosed (4.5 yrs ago), I had reasonable blood pressure (around 130/80), but since taking TKIs it has gone through the roof.  

Medium and long term it is quite important to control your blood pressure especially for the heart.Exercise is a an approach that might help but perhaps effective medication is usually the solution.I take Candesartan 24 mg daily and that works well-30 mg daily is a maximum dose on this drug.I used to take Losartan but found that it interacted with the tki.Some of the alternative medications for blood pressure  do not sit well with a tki so beware of this.

Regards

John

Hi, I am switching onto Bosutinib from Spyrcel - was on for 5 years because of Pleural infusion.  Plus breathing issues. I also show undetected. 
all blood work perfect

echo ( heart) all test results normal
liver - perfect
lungs - very little pleural - had xray once a month before making changes.
legs etc - no swelling.
I take a blood pressure med which keeps my blood pressure normal. 

what meds did you take before Bosutinib.  A little bit concern with the change as prior to pleural, I haven’t had any other side effects but it’s enough to make a change. I go to a Clinic with more than one Dr. 

Bosutinib

I started with 100 mg on Aug 10, I felt better  like never before. No side effects, blood test normal 

14 days later I am on 200mg fells like a truck ran over me and very painful bottom of my feet etc. did nothing differently. Blood test in 4 days.