You are here

Very high Eosinophil

Hi Everyone 

Thanks David for letting me join. 

Today is 6 month since I took Dasatinib and I went for a routine 6 month consultation but they found my Eosinophil have skyrocket to 2 (normal is 0.5) but all my other counts are normal. (a bit low actually except for eosinophil which is making up 30% of all WBC ). I had done a PCR test at 4.5 month which shows I am already in MMR (0.07%) so this is baffling.

Doc says it's an drug induced allergic reaction to TKI or most likely another trial drug I am on, Venetoclax, since the timing coincide with me starting on this new drug in September on a very low dose and slowly ramping up. know . Anyway, I was put on steriod and it should resolve itself with the cessation of this new drug. (he didn't take me off Sprycel though) 

Had anyone experienced an allergic reaction to TKIs or other drugs while on TKI and their Eosinophils became quite high while all other blood counts are perfect ? want to rule out it is the TKI's problem. 

Thanks in advance. 

Hi Vince,

Sorry, I don't know anything about eosinophils.  I was just curious about the venetoclax.  Are you in a trial study?  You had mentioned in another post that your doc wasn't aware of the 50 mg dasatinib frontline dosing study until you brought it to his attention.  That led me to believe that he's not in a research setting as I'm assuming that a researcher would have read the paper or had knowledge of the study before the CML patient community did.  Maybe I'm under the false impression that there is a high level of information exchange among the CML research community?

Just wondering,

Kirk