You are here

Question?

1, SUGAR HELP CANCER CELL???

WITHOUT SUGAR CANCER CELL GROTH SLOW / KILL?

2, Lemon water kill cancer growth??

3, Vitamin C benifite in cancer???

Vikram,

It will make no difference.

Just take your TKIs. They kill CML, not lemon juice.

David.

IMATINIB ( 2001-2019)

Imatinib was approved for medical use in the United States in 2001

Life :

CML in 2013 approached that of the general population.

Data only few years (<25 year ? )

life expectancy a normal lifespan.

How?????

Because you won't die from CML. You will die from other causes - hopefully old age.

Once CML levels fall below microscopic detection (i.e. FISH = zero), you have crossed over to progression free survival. For over 95% of patients that is what occurs. CML has been reduced to a chronic condition - it is no longer fatal. Cross it off your list.

Vikram,

You seem very worried about your CML. Sure, there isn’t more than 25 years evidence but there doesn’t need to be. All the data has shown that once CML has been pushed back to a very low level (like Scuba says) then it doesn't have much control over your body. If you want 100 years of evidence, you’re going to die (from something not CML) waiting for that.

While CML may not control your body it may still have control over your mind, and that is something each of us needs to work on in our own way. It takes time. 

There are still a small group of us CML patients that don’t respond as well, or have serious side effects but it is not the normal or usual response. If your PCR is good, and your side effects are manageable sooner or later you have to learn to accept your disease and get on with life. I spoke to a friend with type 2 diabetes recently, I would not swap for them. Another CML patient might for good reason, but those of us who are doing well should celebrate it. And we should support those who are not as much as we can.

David.

"While CML may not control your body it may still have control over your mind..."

Nope ... my wife does that.... 'control my mind'. CML doesn't have a chance against her.

Thanks for reply

How long undetectable possible?? (2011, 12,13,14,15,16,17,18 undetectable)
( lifetime possible????)

Any idea..

Any research...

HOW LONG TFR POSSIBLE??? (ONLY 2 YEAR???)( ANY RECORD <2 year)

Wow you’re doing great you’ve got nothing to worry about. As the others have said you don’t need the evidence, the evidence we have says you’ll live a normal life span and die from something else, certainly not CML in your case. Live your life id love to have your results!

Alex

One more question

CML and Cml treatment (tki IMTINIB.....) increases risk of diabetes

PLEASE REPLY

ANY IDEA.....

I would concentrate on what you have CML and not what you don’t have. I can see you are suffering from much anxiety I do get it. Live your best life, you’re doing so well I would be so so happy with your results. This CML does play with all our minds and as others have said this is another battle we must overcome as best we can. I will say it again you’re doing more than fantastic and you should feel blessed that you have responded to treatment.

Alex