You are here

Dasatinib reduction

Categories:

Well after over 4 years since diagnosis, 3 of which in MMR, I have this week started a 50% reduction of Dasatinib to 50mg.
I'm a bit anxious and would be interested in others experiences during reduction.
My starting TKI was Nilotinib which worked well but I had lots of side effects.
I also get side effects with Dasatinib, such as fatigue, facial oedema and muscle/bone pain.
I would dearly love to be in treatment free remission and be able to cope with symptoms.

Look forward to hearing from you

K

Welcome to the club!!! I was on Sprycel 100mg for 4 years and then I went to 50mg and my pcr settled to the same level quickly. They happened to change the sensitivity of the test in the same time. I was doing pcr every 4-6 weeks.

You will know pretty soon if it is working for you. A lot of people are on 50mg and even on 20mg on this forum and are doing fine. The Destiny trial shows that more than 90% of patients can reduce to half the dose for a year and maintain low level of pcr.

Don’t panic (easy to say) if the pcr results move a little up, worry only about trends upward, at least 3 results in a row.

Let us know about your journey 😁 πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ 

Thanks Karinne, this gives me great encouragement, maybe I'm a bit ambitious to go treatment free, but a reduction of dose and side effects would be great.
Keep well
K