You are here

New CML

Categories:

Hi All

I recently got diagnosed with cml in June at the age of35 when I was expecting my third child but thankfully delivery and everything went well but obviously I couldn’t breastfeed her.

After taking imatinib for like 20 days I started to become more fair, just want to ask is anybody having hypo pigmentations like me

Congratulations on your baby!

Skin hypopigmentation is a known, and benign side effect of imatinib.

If you’d like to read more, here’s a paper by very respected CML researchers:

https://sci-hub.tw/10.1002/cncr.11812

Imatinib mesylate induced hypopigmentation also appeared to be reversible and potentially dose related. Skin hypopigmentation is a benign side effect from imatinib mesylate treatment that appears to be reversible upon discontinuation or dose reduction. Several lines of evidence have previously reported that KIT and its ligand stem cell factor (SCF) have a regulatory role in melanocyte development and survival, suggesting a rational mechanism of action for imatinib mesylate in the pathogenesis of hypopigmentation.

David.

Thanks David, yeah I know.Actually I am myself a researcher, l have even done a lot of research projects on CML and other MPDs.But I was jus wondering if anyone here had such a sideffect like how much fair it makes you.

๐Ÿ˜Š

Yes i have this sideffect along with some others but at least people in india don't mind this one.i'm trying to spend some time in sunlight but due to lazyness not able to do so.you get the free d3 and it mitigate this particular sideffect.

Fantastic - great to have you join our forum, I am sure with your research background you’ll be able to help loads of people here. Please stick around!

I know one person who had the opposite side effect, it made their skin go dark in patches. For me, it made my hair go very dark!

David.

Yes, I got noticeably very, very pale on imatinib.  I found it very difficult to get any color from the sun - I'd just get splotchy red, never tan.  It was not a nice color of pale, either.  More cadaverous, really.  Much, much, much better on Sprycel, especially low dose.

Yeah same here, did you notice any discolouration of your nails as well.

Hello....I am taking imatinib from last 2 months.....my skin go brighter day by day...

Manni, is the fairness increasing day by day or  it increases at first and then stays constant

Oh 2 months I thought 2 years that means just like me, let’s hope it doesn’t go on increasing to the point where we will look like ghosts๐Ÿ˜‚

Is the hypo pigmentations increasing continuously or it’s just constant now, I hope it doesn’t kill all of our melanocytes.

Dont know that the changing of colour will be continued or not

I think the hypopigmentation gets to a certain point and stops there.  The body finds work-arounds for many of our side effects, so this might be one OR the dose isn't enough to completely disorder the melanocytes.  It is reversible and, as I said, much better on Sprycel, at least for me it was.

I didn't notice anything about nail color.

Kat is right. It is constant however i become more whitish when my rbc go down 3.5 &hg below 11.this sideffect is nothing compare to others.so don't think much about it.this site is gold mine of knowlege for CML.as you mention that you are a researcher ,you may be spending most of ur time away from sunlight.you need to know about the relation vitamin D3 and others.SCUBA is expert cmlers on this topic.just read post by scuba.as a fellow Indian we are living in country which spend billion of $ to get white skin.so don't worry about this .as long as one is taking his/her medicine ,cml is just a mind game .it took me 25 months to realise this.sooner one realise this reality better.just care about balance food and if needed take some vitamis and mineral.

You are right. I am not worried actually because as you said it’s a boon for Asian skin not bane, I was just curious about it.

And yes CML nowadays is treated like any other metabolic disorder, which have more complications than us. So I am thankful to god that he gave me cml not aml or ALL.

And talking about imatinib thankfully we CMLers are using a targeted drug therapy not a chemo or radio therapy which are devastating.

So I am much positive and I wish all of us a sooner MMR and DMR.

๐Ÿ˜Š

I'm sure if you have insurance go for DASATINIB but not 100 mg may be 50-70 mg for 6 months and then less than 50 mg.

No, one can reach mmr and cmr in less time with few sideffect than imatinib

In the word of SCUBA even Cml is boon for us not bane,when we deeply see our underlying health (physical &psycological) issues in relation with cml then we come to realise that it is a message from god ki bacche aapne health par bhi dhyan do and lead a desciplined life like having meal on time,good & deep sleep etc

Happy diwali and Happy new year.....

Skin whiting.... Problem side effects of IMTINIB......

After 2-3 year diagnosis

Skin whiteing problem normal... (normal skin less whiteing.....)

Don't worry your body manage........

I m diagnosed 2008 (age 16)

600 mg IMTINIB dose

Last 8 year every year pcr report undetectable........

One side effects...... Some hair loss and hair thinning problem.....

Overall health good......

Try giloy juice, javera (wheat grass) juice.. And yoga (kapalbhati anulom vilom)

Happy Diwali and happy new year to You too.