You are here

Swollen lymph nodes

Hi, I am new to this support group. I was diagnosed last July 2019. I was started with Tasigna but because of insomnia my hematologist replaced Tasigna with Sprycel. I am on my 3rd month on Sprycel now and unfortunately I developed a rapid enlargement of my lymp nodes just below my right ear. The pain is unbearable. Can anyone share please if I can take Ibuprofen for pain management? Although my hematologist said I can take Ibuprofen, I’m a bit hesitant because ibuprofen is listed under the major interaction with Sprycel. 

Hi

Their is defo a link with swollen Lymph Nodes and Sprycel. I have a CML friend who was on Sprycel and was taken off as they appeared to enlarge the nodes. It’s rare but best to be mindful of this.

I am on Nilotinib and no such issues strange how we are all so different.

Alex

Hi there

I am the patient who developed swollen lymph nodes on Sprycel. They kept growing and eventually were the size of golf balls.

There is definitely a link to swollen lymph nodes and dasatinib but it is extremely rare - I know of only three studies worldwide where these nodes were investigated. According to my doctor I am the very first case she has ever seen.

My suggestion is not to bother with the painkillers but rather to try to change to a different TKI. I changed to imatinib and all the nodes returned to normal within 5 days - quite a miracle. The doctor told me that this kind of side effect causes problems for my immune system and also puts me at increased risk of other immune and lymph node diseases.

If you would like me to send you the articles I can gladly do that - not sure if I am allowed to post them on this site?

Hope you feel better soon!

Best wishes from South Africa

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks so much for your response and yes please I would like to have the articles. My email address is rautgeraldine@yahoo.com.

it so unfortunate that I developed swollen lymp nodes in just 2 months from taking Sprycel. I think I need to switch back to Tasigna then.

Best Regards,

Geraldine