You are here

Ponatinib for blast crisis

I would be interested to hear from anyone [a] on ponatinib or [b] experienced a blast crisis of CML. Evidently this is a rare development in CML (mine occurred nine months after diagnosis and treatment with imatinib). Would like to swap notes or read comments on this forum. 

Sorry to hear you have to look for alternate approaches. I was just curious what your response was on Imatinib and how your progression was determined (bmb etc.). We're you checked at months 3 and 6? Thanks for posting.

I do know of someone who developed T315I and has been on Ponatinib for 7 years all around PCR 0.02.

So sorry to hear you have gone into blast crisis. Do you know if it was due to a mutation? 

Im currently on Ponatinib 15mg, due to mutation. I was previously on Nilotinib

Ponatinib is meant to be the strongest TKI and works well for mutations too 

Dear Nicola,

There were no mutations detected, which my consultant said was good, but I wonder about that, as presumably it means that they don't know why I went into blast phase. IT was all very scary, as you can imagine.

I am on 30mg per day and tolerating it well. I've been told that it could be increased if there was indication to do so.

My first PCR level after all the fuss was 0.1%, which is lower than my previous test before the blast phase at 1.3% at 6 months on imatinib.

I'd be interested to stay in touch. I am in Bristol on lockdown as a 'high risk' person - also over 70!

Regards,

Alan

Hello.

Thanks for the response, and good to hear that this drug works for someone else.

Regards,

Alan