You are here

BCR levels 2yrs

my husband was diagnosed 2 years bk.
his bcr levels started at 47% 2 years bk
then on 1.5yrs testing it came to 0.001
but again today's report that is 2yrs is 0.1%

we are so worried.. does anyone can guide or had any similar experience ?

hes on Imatinib 400

Could be an error in reporting but if not at 0.1 your still very safe anything less than 1% is where you want to be. If not an error could be a domain mutation meaning that Imatinib no longer works and you’ll switch and it’ll work again.

I will echo response in that it very well can be a lab error and if not then another TKI will most likely get you back to a deeper response.  If a second test confirms it is not an error I would get a mutation test before switching to another TKI.  This will identify which TKI will be most effective.  The good news is that regardless the case he is under 1.0 and that he responded to TKI treatment.  Many people have been on TKI's for years and years and many have been on at least two TKI's.  I hope you get it addressed soon regardless if it is a lab error or need to make a switch.  

thanks alot for your reply, our doctor suggested to wait for 3 months and test again in 3 months .. not to panic and he had seen cases that goes up and down and then settle to a point.. so as for now we are going with our doctor.. just praying to God for good results in next report .. I will update here whatever it comes