You are here

About marriage

Categories:

Hi all

I am using imatanib from past 5 year's . Now I am 28. My parents are going into depression by thinking about my marriage but from my side how can I convince a girl to do marriage with me no one can agree to marry a patient. Then I decided to marry a CML patient only. Any female CML patient if they also decided the same please contact me I am indian origin. Please help me guy's...nib from

It all depends what kind of a marriage you want!

I realise this might be a culture/religion thing but no one should be more concerned of marriage than you.

Here in the western world we meet someone we first like, then date, then love and if marriage is what you want then get married.

I’ve been married for 18 years it’s not all it’s cracked up to be 🤣 (that was a joke)...

Seriously though go meet someone hopefully you like each other, when the time is right you tell her you have a blood condition. (One that you are beating from what I recall from your undetected for many years)... try TFR and if it doesn’t come back you don’t have to say a word if you don’t want to. If it does, go back on TKI and meet someone anyway and fall in love. You don’t have to reveal the earth to someone many people have many more serious secrets. I do understand though if I was to date again I’d feel lost. Not because of CML alone but “swipe left” and “swipe right” isn’t my idea of wooing a partner.

All the best

Age 28 year old...

Last 9 year UNDETACTABLE...

Same situation.....

Vikram you are taking imatinib. All indications are that it is OK (for men) to have children when taking imatinib. Your CML is unlikely to have any significant impact on your life expectancy. I hope you get together with a lovely girl who wants to share your life. 

Hello vikram verma....

My age also 28 year old....

I also taking imtinib... (600 mg....reduce dose 600 to 400 mg... last two month 400 mg imtinib dose)

UNDETACTABLE 9 year....

Same situation....

Alastair

Post creat vikram verma. I am vikram
Name age same...

Thank for reply....

Hii Alastair and Alex...

Post creat by vikram verma..

Not me....

I am vikram kumar....

BUT

Age 28... Taken imatinib...
Situation same.....

Thank for your reply......

Vikram V, do a search for other posts on this same topic, Vikram K had many the same questions and they were answered in detail on this forum. 

Good luck, you will be fine and don't get affected by your parents negativity - in fact ask your parents to be positive about your prospects. 

Hi Vikram,

You do not have to marry a girl with CML if you do not want to. Do not be forced to. Yes it will be difficult for people to understand the nature of this disease, especially since you are from India. As someone from India, I do understand the emotional and social issues surrounding marriages.

I wanted to share my experience with you. 

I was diagnosed with CML at 12 year of age. It has been 20 years since my diagnosis. My parents started matchmaking as soon as I graduated from college and it did not work out. Families were scared when they heard about the "cancer" diagnosis. I had multiple proposals but once we mentioned CML we did not hear back from them. I gave up on the idea of an arranged marriage (was actually happy as I felt I was not ready) and decided to focus on life instead. I met my husband a couple years later when I was volunteering and we fell in love. My diagnosis did not matter to him. Of course it took us four years to convince his family. It was frustrating that people were rejecting me for something that I had no control over but I am able to understand their perspective. We have been together for almost a decade now. So you just have to meet the right person. 

Best,
Devi 

Can you please share your matrimony profile ?
.we are interested to know about you

We are seeking a groom for our sister who is on Imatinib medication. If you are interested call this number deleted by moderator

• If you wish to contact an individual please use a direct message - click on the envelope button on the header bar.
  • Please do not share private contact details on this forum. -                                                                                                                               thanks for your understanding

Please us the direct message to contact individuals members of this forum. If you click on the envelope on the header bar you can send a message to individual members.

thanks for your understanding on this issue.