You are here

Fueling exeercise

Categories:

Hi all

Ages since I've posted on here but i'm after a bit of advice that I'm struggling to get information on elsewhere.  I've read a few threads on here but only picks out certain bits of my quesiton.

In the last year I've started training at the gym much more intensly than previous in a bid to shed the lockdown pounds and improve my fitness.  I've always been fit and done lots of running and gym work.  My new trianing is every morning for an hour and causes a fair amount of stiffness in the muscles which makes the next days training that much harder.

So, I've adopted a higher protein diet with 40% of my 2200 daily calorie target coming from protein.  Food wise I eat more chicken and try to cut out bread, but I've also increased the protein shakes that I used to have.  Initially, no probelm from a BCR/blood result over 6 months but then I started taking BCAA's, glutamine and creatine on the recommendation of the gym instructors.

The last blood result showed white blood cell count up, a high creatine level (expected) and BCR from 0.00 to 0.01%.  Obviously, I've reacted to this and have stopped BCAA's (which upon reading elsewhere seems a good idea), creatine and glutamine.  The only thing I'm doing now is targetting the protein intake to help my muscles repair themselves.

I'm confident that this will help my results back down to the 0.00%, but the above also came at at time when I reduced from 400mg to 300mg of Imatinib (I failed TFR last year).

Has anyone else managed to work through sports nutrition whilst on Imatinib and can advise on your approach?

Hi!
I work-out too. I do crossfit so my muscles are often very sore and tired. I feel the need too take supplements too help me but my doc told it is better not to take protein, creatine etc.... So I don't!
In your case your bcr went up maybe because of supplements maybe because of dose reduction... Or both....
I suggest you to stop taking the supplements and see what happens!

Hi!
I work-out too. I do crossfit so my muscles are often very sore and tired. I feel the need too take supplements too help me but my doc told it is better not to take protein, creatine etc.... So I don't!
In your case your bcr went up maybe because of supplements maybe because of dose reduction... Or both....
I suggest you to stop taking the supplements and see what happens!

Actually, I think I have the same problem. I'm on Tasigna myself , 600mg/day and lately after taking 6 grams/day of L-Glutamine for my IBS, my BCR-ABL has increased from 0.115 to 0.872.
I don't believe it's a coincidence. I take daily curcumin C3 , D3 ( analysis = 86.1 ng/ml), selenium , zinc and I have the same lifestyle .
Can anyone give us some useful advice ?