I am wondering if others here feel that a switch to asciminib is warranted for my situation.
After my most recent appointment, my doctor put the wheels in motion to switch me to asciminib while we waited for my test results. This was based on my previous test which had a jump from 0.06 to 0.2%.
Fast forward to today. My prescription for asciminib showed up at my door, I have only a few days of bosutinib left, and I receive the results from my last test which technically puts me back into MMR.
My doctor feels that my results to date are "wishy washy" and wants to make the switch regardless of MMR. I suppose he prefers that I be at a DMR after 2+ years, or at a minimum stable in MMR.
He did consult a specialist after my results at 23 months (0.2%), and the specialist agreed that ponatinib or asciminib should be prescribed.
My only fear in all of this is exhausting another treatment option if it is not warranted now.
3 -1.62 2.40% -> Dasatinib
5 -2.39 0.41%
8 -2.15 0.71%
9 -2.00 1.00%
11 -2.33 0.47%
13 -2.19 0.65% -> Switch to Bosutinib
15 -2.40 0.40%
17 -2.30 0.50%
20 -3.20 0.06%
23 -2.68 0.21%
26 -3.02 0.10% -> ?????????????