You are here

High platelet and benign tumor growth

Categories:

Hi,

I have been experiencing high platelets for over a year now for this reasons my medications was changed from imatinib to dasatinib and I was placed on a 1000mg of hydroxyurea but so far the platelets has been up and down and this gets me worried. In addition to this I discovered that two benign tumor has grown inside of me….one under my 6th rib and the other around my lungs. Am thinking of doing a surgery to get them out but I don't know if my unstable platelets condition is a good time to for the surgery.
A friend suggested I use soup sop leave could help get the tumors out but I fear it might interact with dasatinib.

Please an advise would be of great help

Hi, Lucky, I really don't know what to say about your platelet situation, sorry.

I'm going to throw this out there as a possibility for the benign tumors though. Because you are on dasatinib and pleural effusion (fluid around your lungs) is a very common side effect of the medication, could your "tumors" especially the one "around" your lung be a pleural effusion instead?

I have a long history with dasatinib and pleural effusion so it's where my thoughts went first when you said the tumor was around your lung.

I would definitely talk to your doctor before you try any home remedies like the tea. Good luck!

Pat