WBC: 8.1

RBC: 4.29

RDW: 13.3

Platelets: 208

*Vitamin D,  25-Hydroxy:  59.5ng/mL *

*Bcr/Abl 1 : Negative. <0.0032

No FISH test done this cycle.

Very happy with results.

Taking 4000 IU and last month increased it to 5000 IU of Vit. D-3 daily for the past 1 &1/2 years and  so far no flu/cold/upper resp infections at all.

All the best to all!

Chuck.

Hi Chuck,

Your results look pretty good to me so I understand why you're happy... well done. Your D3 plasma level is pretty much in the optimal range according to the new thinking/research on this Vit/hormone being extremely important for general health and health conditions. I too have been taking D3 w/K2 for around 18 months and have not suffered my usual URT infection since my level increased to around 80ng/ml. I have also found that my joint and muscle strength have improved also. 

Sandy

Thanks Sandy!

Taking VIT-D3 supplement is definitely helping fight off URD'S and now with this COVID-19 Pandemic going on I  feel that the VIT-D3 is

really helping our immune systems big time in the fight against getting this nightmare disease.

Chuck.

Yes, indeed.

(don't forget vitamin C and zinc - helps vitamin D do its job)

Hi Scuba, just going to add Zinc to my other vits ,how much do you recommend please ,thank you , Denise.

Hello scuba, what are the supplements cml patients should take other than vitamin d3.

If I am not eating foods rich in zinc (Oysters), I just take a daily supplement from time to time (15 mg). Women need less than men. No specific brand, just reputable. I tend to take zinc every day in winter. Zinc lozenges are best, but I hate the taste. Also - do not take zinc on an empty stomach - it's like taking imatinib on an empty stomach - same result. To be honest, I take zinc when I think of it - more in winter than in summer.

Keep in mind - no magic bullet here, just added nutritional support which is good for you anyway and it just might up your resistance to respiratory virus'. Many know zinc for colds. Also - don't overdo zinc. It's a metal and toxic in high amounts (over 100 mg per day).

This is what I take and not specific to CML patients. I wish I had known about the importance of these prior to CML and had been taking them. At diagnosis my vitamin D level was 17 ng/ml):

1. vitamin D3 (dose depends on blood test results) - aim to be above 50 ng/ml and below 100 ng/ml.

2. vitamin K2 (works with D) about 200 mcg per day.

3. magnesium (did wonders for imatinib cramping - great for the heart and sleep). I target 400 mg per day.

4. iron - from time to time when I don't eat meat (which is often). I have mild anemia and iron keeps hemoglobin normal

5. Curcumin (as C3 complex with bioperine for absorption) 2 grams minimum - 8 is better, but expensive.

6. selenium (200 mcg) or 4 or less Brazil nuts (learned about from this forum based on research suggesting apoptosis of cancer stem cells).

7. vitamin C (500 mg) twice per day (Sandy's input!)

8. Omega-3

Other vitamins I take from time to time include B complex, mostly B12 for energy - and when I am not eating meat.